Friday, June 5, 2009

Crafty Irony

I am not really into crafts and doing crafty things, which is humorous because I am surrounded by women in my family that are very creative and make beautiful things! You know who you are!

Anyway--even when I taught school, I never liked decorating or doing crafts. The girls I taught would decorate the bulletin boards for me or else they'd stay the same all year long. Lol! But, my kiddos LOVE crafts and making things. Yesterday, we spent 2 1/2 hours coloring, cutting, gluing, veggie tale characters and then put them on craft sticks for puppets. They both loved it and kept wanting to do more. So, we did. :)

[You can't really tell in the picture but the characters come in 4-8 pieces that have to be cut out and assembled after coloring. That was the tricky part for the kids, but we did it!]

1 comment: