Tuesday, June 2, 2009

See...I told you so!

I knew I wouldn't keep it updated regularly. Which is relatively amusing because I check about 10 blogs every day...sometimes multiple times a day, but I can't seem to find the time/motivation to write on my own. :)

Well, today I am, so perhaps that can count for something.

We've officially started homeschooling...as of yesterday. I've been schooling my son for months now but not on a regular schedule. I felt compelled last week to change that and worked for two days on lesson plans, researching what I wanted to accomplish over the summer, printing out everything I needed etc. It was well worth the work because this week has gone wonderfully smooth. I was worried about having planned too much for a 5 year old. I used to teach 5th graders so I am working on slowing down the activities for my son to keep up with. However, he has done great and is asking for more. He's very eager to learn and "do school".

Now, I'm working on how to keep my two year old occupied without letting her just watch a movie or something equivalent while I teach my son. (I do work with her as well, but I'm wanting some individual time with my son.) I've found a couple of sets of manipulatives that she likes to play with at the table where we are and they do keep her engaged for a time.

I found a great science curriculum that I really like from Christian Liberty Press called The World God Made (kindergarten level). I've always taught public school in the past, so it's so refreshing to me to be able to teach everything from a Christian perspective.

I better be off to finish dinner before my hubby comes home.

Ciao!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment