Sunday, July 19, 2009

CVS Update...have you started CVSing yet?

Are you convinced yet to shop at CVS? If not, then have you read my shopping trip reports from CVS? What will it take to convince you?! Do I get paid to advertise CVS? lol! Those answers might vary but the last one is a NO. However, I can't possibly stop trying to convince you to shop there, especially when you get so many things for FREE or pretty darn close! See this week's trip below and join with me on a natural shopping high...or just join me. :)

2 packages of notebook paper
2 packages of pens
1 package of panty liners
2 boxes of 24 ct pencils
4 Sobe Life waters
2 Memo pads
1 Sunday Double Edition Newspaper

Subtotal: $20.92
Minus Coupons: 6.18
Used $14 in ecb's from last week
OOP total: $0.93 (tax included)--that's a savings of 96%!!!

And, I received $14 more in ecbs for this coming week!

So, I basically got all of those school supplies and snacks for FREE and I paid less than $1 for our normally priced $5 newspaper! If you want more information on how to "do" CVS, then feel free to look at The Thrifty Mama's CVS 101 guide! And, to see actual coupon matchups for the CVS ad visit SouthernSavers or The Thrifty Mama. Both women do an amazing job of posting deals for drug stores, grocery stores and online deals.

Side note: For those of you familiar with ecb's, I just wanted to clarify that I know it should have been $13 in ecb's but the cashier printed an extra ecb and I didn't catch it until my husband got back. He did the shopping for me since he went at midnight on Saturday/Sunday night. What a guy! :)

Ciao,
J

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Jenn. That's a cheap newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shopping! Don't you love getting all of this almost-free at CVS?

    ReplyDelete