Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So not perfect...

Just in case I've ever given the impression that I'm perfect or that I make the best choices all the time, allow me to let you in on a little secret...I am so NOT perfect! There, I feel so much better. I'm really glad I took the time to clear that up. And, just in case you need proof...here's my example from 2 hours ago...

My son got up from his afternoon nap/rest time/roll around in bed playing with every toy he won't possibly lower himself to play with when it's actually play time and said, "Mom, may I have an apple, please?" [those really were his actual words...woohoo!]

I responded with, "Oh, not an apple. We need to save those for Daddy's snack while he's at work. How about a poptart?"

To which he responded with, "Are you serious? YES!"...

and then ran to get one and tore it open before his idiot mother could change her mind. How his world just opened up knowing that he could choose a processed sugared food over a God given fruit just because his mom is too lazy to go back to the store and buy more apples and for some unknown reason, she only bought enough apples for Daddy to eat.

Good times!

Ciao,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment